Saturday, November 27, 2010

Solomons Island - Enjoying the Bay



 Before Thanksgiving I was able to make a trip with my girlfriend to Solomons Island.  The trip was about an hour and half drive but well worth the time.  I think I got some of my best pictures of the year.  I also experimented with using a signature/watermark on my favorite images.  I haven't had any problems with theft, but thought it added a nice classy look to the pictures.  I've also added a border to a few of my favorites.  My favorite part of the trip came towards the end when we were lucky enough to watch a group of blue heron's feeding the bay at sunset.  I never realized what strange dives they make into the water, as I'd only seen them feeding in small streams, rivers, and inlets.  It was a great experience and a great day!






 The above picture is actually a gull, not a heron like the rest, just FYI


Please let me know what you think about the pictures and watermark :-D

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment