Thursday, December 2, 2010

What Blogs Do I Frequent?

Well before I started this venture into blogging I was reading blogs daily.  I mostly use the Google Reader application to keep track of the RSS feeds and blogs that I read.  I have them divided up into a few categories, only one of which I'm going to talk about now: Photography Blogs


Photography Blogs: 

  •  PhotoJoJo updates about 2 or 3 times a week.  It has some tips and articles but more often I read it because they sell interesting photo gadgets and merchandise.  Its a good place to go to see new types of accessories and interesting gifts.  My most recent favorite was the: Camera Lens Mug (Nikon of course)
  •  Digital Shot seems to be a little off and on again.  Sometimes they'll do posts a few times a week and then not again for a month.  That being said, I do like they primarily cover tutorials.  Even if I feel like I have a good feel for a type of shooting, reading a tutorial often reminds me to examine the basics and take my time.  They recently had a post on Landscapes which was interesting.
  • Photo Radar  posts daily with tips and images.  I usually check out their image of the day which is generally very good and can provide some daily inspiration and show you what others are doing.  They also have a section on techniques which tends to have very quick, basic, 10 step tips that you can glance over before you go out shooting.
  •  Photo Critic is another broad tips and news website that covers all things photography.  Their tagline is: "Doing cool things with Photography" and it sums up what they are trying to accomplish with their posts. This post on Must Read Books is very informative and inspirational.
  • Digital Photography Review  is a site that bases itself right in the depths of photography hardware.  Its always the first place I look to check out specs, prices, or comparisons and reviews.  They also post firmware updates on their feed which saves me time from checking myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment