Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Mead for the peasants!

So I've been toying around with making a mead for quite some time and a quick trip to the annual Maryland Renn Fair pushed me over the edge.  I was able to buy a basic mead (melomel really) kit from the local beekeepers for about 20 bucks.  The kit consisted of 2 lbs of wildflower honey, some basic dried cherry like ingredients, raisins, and some dried champagne yeast.

The kit was super super easy to put together - steeped cherry ingredients similar to tea, heated honey, combined into a 1 gallon carboy and topped with water and yeast.  I didn't initailly leave myself enough room once I added in the tea so I did have the pour a bit out :(

So far it is looking pretty good - I'm unsure of whether or not it will clear up:


No comments:

Post a Comment